Tourism Authority of Lampang (TAT) is launching two travel routes: ‘60 Charming Attractions of Lampang’ and ‘3 Kruba Faith Route 106 of Lamphun’
This initiative is designed to stimulate tourism within Lampang and Lamphun provinces in 2020, especially during week days with an increase target of 8-10%. In 2018 Lampang had 4.2 billion baht income from tourism while Lamphun saw nearly 1.6 billion. This new promotion for weekdays aims to attract tourists to both provinces.
Wisut Buachum, Director of TAT Lampang, said, “The 60 Charming Attractions of Lampang and the 3 Kruba Faith Route 106 of Lamphun aims to increase income for the two provinces on weekdays, featuring interesting attractions of the two provinces.”
The 60 Charming Attractions of Lampang features six different types of destinations:
- 10 Lampang charming destinations: horse drawn carriage ride, River Street Art, White Bridge, Walking Street, Mae Moh Lignite Mine, etc. 10 Lampang faith destinations: Deeply religious, the people of this province have exquisite and fascinating religious sites such as Phra That Lampang Luang, Lai Hin and Chong Kham temples.
- 10 Lampang nature destinations: Chae Son National Park, Mae Wa National Park, Kew Lom Dam, Pha Tai Cave, etc.
- 10 Lampang educational destinations: From museums to lignite mines
- 10 Lampang community destinations: Fascinating communities of multiple ethnicities live amongst the mountains and valleys of Lampang. Visit Tha Ma-O community, the Mon group, etc.
- 10 Lampang health destinations: Whether it is a village known for herbal healing or learning how to do traditional Thai massage, Lampang has many healthy destinations.
The 3 Kruba Faith Route 106 of Lamphun focuses on Highway 106 which follows an old route of travel between Bangkok, through Lamphun towards Mae Hong Son province, before Highway 11 was constructed. Those interested in Buddhism and faith will find many important, sacred and historic destinations along the way from Pra Bat Tak Pha and Phra That Ha Duang temples to Mae Ping National Park and viewpoints and waterfalls. The three highlights of the route are to visit the temples honouring the three kruba (religious teachers) who were highly revered.
TAT Lampang invites you all to experience these great destinations.
Call 054-222-214 or email [email protected]